DOCSIS Remote-CCAP(R-CCAP) is the latest generation of Cable access mainstream solution, which consists of Remote-MACPHY Device (RMD) deployed in optical nodes and RMD Controller deployed in the machine room. RC9000 RMD Controller of Topvision is a set of RMD equipment centralized control system. RC9000 is able to manage thousands sets of RMD equipment, synchronize information between RC9000 and RMD in real time, which makes the upper OSS / NMS system can access and manage all the RMD and terminal equipment under the RC9000 just like access a single CCAP, greatly improve the efficiency of management, reduce operational costs.
RC9000 has the Remote MACPHY Controller function of the DOCSIS R-CCAP architecture, which provides centralized control of RMD devices. It also supports the ability to evolve into SDN and NFV, and assumes the role of CMA (CCAP Management Abstraction) in SDN.
RMD is a remote device in R-CCAP architecture, which is deployed in optical node, residential area or sub-headend close to users. RC9000 as RMD controller, can be deployed in headend, managing thousands of RMD devices through IP network, covering hundreds of thousands of users.
PnP (plug-in and Play) connection mode is adopted between RC9000 and RMD. RC9000 provides automatic connection to RMD, automatic configuration distribution and automatic upgrade, which makes the joining or exiting of any RMD very fast and intelligent, and does not affect the already connected RMD devices at all. Another advantage of using the PnP approach is that RC9000 and RMD have the functions of separate operation from each other that reduce the risk of node interconnection. RMD can switch to local control mode automatically without affecting device configuration or business, regardless of what cause RMD and RC9000 fail to connect properly, When the fault is eliminated, RMD can restores the connection and management to RC9000 automatically without human intervention.
Centralization management, data, video, voice and other full-service configuration of RMD devices, including DOCSIS 3.1 / DOCSIS 3.0 / PacketCable / PCMM / EQAM / IPDR and other protocols, are provided by RC9000. Users can manage thousands of RMD-covered hundreds of thousands of terminals through a set of independent RC9000, including DOCSIS 2.0 / 3.0 / 3.1 CM, eMTA, STB, CPE (PC / Notebook / Phone, etc.) and so on.
RC9000 adopts IPSec protocol to protect the communication process with RMD, and provides active protection through end-to-end security to prevent from the attack from private network and Internet. RC9000 supports dual hot standby, cluster technologies and other HA technologies, and has complete system diagnosis function to ensure the safety and stability of the system itself.
• Reduce maintenance cost when deploying RMDs in large numbers.
• Mixed access is required through PON, Ethernet and other means when deploying RMD.
• Thousands of RMD devices can be simplified to single CCAP device for the management by OSS / NMS.
• Access network of cable has the ability to evolve into SDN / NFV.
• Centralized control in the headend, more convenient for system maintenance.
Distributed CCAP Architecture (DCA) is the latest generation cable access Architecture, and DOCSIS Remote-MACPHY is one of the mainstream distributed solutions. CableLabs® describes a distributed access solution with RMD+RMD Controller in the CM-TR-R-MACPHY-V01-150730, as shown in the above.In Remote-MACPHY Architecture, RMD device located at optical node and connected with hundreds CM via coaxial-cable. RMD equipment provides functions, such as DOCSIS MAC+PHY function, EQAM MAC+PHY function and layer-2 data forwarding function. RMD Controller located at headend provides unified centralized management for all RMD, provides Northbound Interface upward, supports DOCSIS NMS / OSS and related network management interface of EQAM.In general, RMD realizes data forwarding, guarantee real-time performance of date transmission. RMD Controller realizes centralized management, provide unified interface, reduce maintaining difficulty, and improve maintaining efficiency.
• Support centralized management for thousands RMD. RC9000 is accessed by OSS / NMS via a single node, no need for get configuration and status data of RMD one by one.
• Support intelligentize management, adopt PnP (plug-in and Play) connection mode. Support auto connection, auto recognition, auto configuration distributing and auto upgrade. There is no need for manual operation on site when deploying RMD devices, plug and play.
• Provide convenient configuration management, using template-based configuration technology, provide configuration template management, configuration batch distribution, auto configuration binding and other easy-to-use functions.
• Support heartbeat detection with RMD devices, achieve real-time state synchronization at the second level. Any anomaly can be reported to OSS / NMS timely.
• RC9000 adopts IPSec protocol to protect the communication process with RMD, and prevents from attack from private network and Internet.
• Support X.509 standard certification system (Certificate Revocation List, Online Certificate Status Protocol) between RMD and Controller.
• Adopt mature commercial server and security technology to ensure the system security of RC9000.
• For common EMS (Element Management System) or NMS (Network Management System ), EMS focuses on device configuration, alarm and status monitoring. Different from EMS or NMS, RC9000 is a real-time system, It is not only the monitoring of visible configuration, alarm and status between RC9000 and RMD, but also the real-time transmission of all required information with all RMDS, including partial internal information of RMD, Session, Service Flow list DB, IPDR Service, EQAM Service, CM list, CPE list and so on. So RC9000 can provide very comprehensive equipment information quickly, to achieve full business management.
• With normal network conditions, all information of RMD connecting 1000 households can be completed in 4 seconds, and information of RMD connecting 1W households can be completed in 1 minute. It may take 5-15 minutes for traditional CMTS to complete information collection of 1W households.
• Support DOCSIS 3.0 / DOCSIS3.1 / PacketCable / PCMM / ERM / IPDR full service configuration of RMD.
• Support RMD channel management, MAC Domain, QoS, load balance, automatic frequency hopping, Remote Query, Multicast, Spectrum,Signal Quality, Firewall, BPI+ / EAE / Source Verify, optical machine management, Dual IP Stack(IPv4 / IPv6), VLAN, etc.
• Support terminal management under RMD, including CM / STB / eMTA / PC / CPE, etc.
• Support PNM, CM Local Provisioning and other management.
• Support systemic management of RMD, support device information, version information, License status, time, diagnostic function, etc.
• Provide RMD software version management, provide a unified upgrade policy configuration.
• Support automatic upgrade of software after RMD goes online.
• After the RMD is connected to the RC9000, RC9000 will perform software version check and automatic upgrade of the RMD according to the preset policy.
• Support software upgrade for single / batch specified RMDs.
• Support multiple upgrade strategies, such as scheduled upgrade, automatic upgrade, manual upgrade, etc.
• Support upgrade task management.
• Support device upgrade records and malfunction management of upgrade.
• RC9000 software supports hot patching, dynamically expanding and repairing system functions.
• RC9000 system’s plugging and unplugging does not affect the existing network services. Because the RMD Controller is no longer physically bound to a specific convergence device (for example, CCAP Core, OLT, etc.), when it needs to be upgraded to support some software functions, only single or several RMD Controllers need to be upgraded, without upgrade of the convergence device in whole network, without the risk of interruption of the existing network service.
• RC9000 supports deployment in multiple sub head-end as a regional management node, and also supports deployment in the overall headend, managing all RMDs centrally.
• RC9000 supports a variety of capacity expansion modes. Both the number of managed RMDs and terminals, and the increasing of additional management functions can be expanded via License in the same series of products. Maximum manageable capacity can be expanded via deploying a higher-profile RC9000.
• Enhance HA (High Available) capabilities in a variety of ways, such as hot standby, clustering, and data / process separation.
As the infrastructure of SDN / NFV, RC9000 can assume the role of the SDN Controller Client and support the evolution to SDN / NFV.